Strawberry and banana puts the smooth in smoothie! There is no better way to describe the blending of tart strawberries and mellow bananas in this recipe. Tasting Guidelines: Taste is sweet. Weight is medium. Texture is smooth. Good for people with low to severe treatment side effects.
Strawberry Banana Smoothie Recipe
- ½ c. milk
- ¼ c. honey Greek yogurt
- 5 frozen strawberries
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ c. ice cubes
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder optional
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- Add all ingredients into the blender and cover.
- Activate the blender. If you have frozen ingredients that are not cooperating, use the pulse function and a little finesse to pulse your way into the perfect mixture.
- Taste you smoothie and adjust. Is there too much or not enough of a certain ingredient or flavor? Adjust the flavors just like you would do anything else.
- Serve in a glass with a straw. Garnish if desired.
Cooking for Chemo focuses on teaching you how to make your food taste good again during cancer and chemotherapy treatments. The flavor and cooking techniques contained within our easy to make recipes will help improve your quality of life as you go through cancer and chemotherapy treatments. Our cooking and flavor techniques can be integrated with any diet regimen. Talk with your dietitian to come up with a quality nutrition plan. This site is not to be taken as or used instead of professional medical advice. Please consult your doctor, oncologist, and dietitian before starting any new diet.
This recipe is taken from Cooking for Chemo …and After! By Chef Ryan Callahan -The Cancer Chef. For more cooking for chemotherapy recipes like this, you can pick up a copy on Amazon . Have specific questions? Email us at [email protected]
If you haven't noticed, this website is full of helpful free information and articles! We are more than just a recipe website.
We recommend that you start with our page on Cooking Tips for Cancer Fighters. That's the hub where all of our most useful information is stored. Including information on how to combat mouth sores, nausea, loss of appetite and metallic tastes!
You can also sign-up for a FREE digital class that fits your schedule HERE.
Don't forget to drop a bookmark on CookingForChemo.org