An American classic. If there is somebody in the United States that has never heard of chicken noodle soup, they must live under the world’s largest rock. This dish is what I consider to be a slightly up-market take on the dish. This chicken noodle features big cuts of veggies, egg noodles, and a good aromatic quality. Tasting Guidelines: Taste is savory and aromatic. Weight is light but can be balanced with sugar and red wine vinegar. Texture is soupy. Good for people with moderate to severe treatment side effects. Best categorized as classic American.
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
- Cutting board
- Chef's knife
- Large spaghetti or stock pot
- Cooking utensil spoon
- 1/2 pound chicken breast cooked and chopped
- 1 24 oz. pack of egg noodles cooked
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup celery chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots sliced
- 2 large can chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. oil
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tbsp. ground sage
- Heat oil and 1 c. water in a large spaghetti pot over medium heat.
- Cook the onion, celery, and carrots until tender allowing the water to reduce and sautéing the vegetables after the water evaporates.
- Add chicken and sauté lightly as well.
- Add seasonings and broth.
- Allow to come to a boil.
- Reduce from a boil and allow to simmer 30 minutes.
- Add egg noodles 5 minutes before serving.
- Remove bay leaves immediately before serving.
Cooking for Chemo focuses on teaching you how to make your food taste good again during cancer and chemotherapy treatments. The flavor and cooking techniques contained within our easy to make recipes will help improve your quality of life as you go through cancer and chemotherapy treatments. Our cooking and flavor techniques can be integrated with any diet regimen. Talk with your dietitian to come up with a quality nutrition plan. This site is not to be taken as or used instead of professional medical advice. Please consult your doctor, oncologist, and dietitian before starting any new diet.
This recipe is taken from Cooking for Chemo …and After! By Chef Ryan Callahan -The Cancer Chef. For more cooking for chemotherapy recipes like this, you can pick up a copy on Amazon. Have specific questions? Email us at [email protected]
If you haven't noticed, this website is full of helpful free information and articles! We are more than just a recipe website.
We recommend that you start with our page on Cooking Tips for Cancer Fighters. That's the hub where all of our most useful information is stored. Including information on how to combat mouth sores, nausea, loss of appetite and metallic tastes!
You can also sign-up for a FREE digital class that fits your schedule HERE.
Don't forget to drop a bookmark on CookingForChemo.org