When I was a kid there was one lunch that I wanted to take to school more than anything else and that was a lunchables pack. Now that I’m an adult, my tastes have matured. So I thought it was time to give the world an upscale, and very easy to make adult version of a lunchable. Now that I think about it, this actually might just be a middle-America bruschetta. This recipe is very versatile. It only requires the use of four ingredients: a cracker, a meat, a cheese, and a sauce of preference. You can mix and match to your heart’s content to try new flavors and combinations. These adult lunchables make a perfect on the go snack for treatments, or a busy day out. You can pack three small bags into a cooler and assemble on the go. One bag with the crackers, one with the cheese, and one with the meat.
- Cutting board
- 1/2 tbsp brown mustard
- 1/2 tbsp honey
- 8 whole rosemary flavored crackers
- 8 slices ham smoked or honey ham, sliced thin
- 8 slices cheddar cheese sharp
- 8 slices pickle chip dill or other favorite flavor
- Mix mustard and honey together to make a honey mustard sauce.
- Usually it helps to heat the honey before hand to help mix into the mustard better.
- Apply honey mustard to the cracker.
- Fold a single slice of ham into quarters and place on top of the honey mustard.
- Place sliced cheese on top.
- Place pickle on top.
If you haven't noticed, this website is full of helpful free information and articles! We are more than just a recipe website.
We recommend that you start with our page on Cooking Tips for Cancer Fighters. That's the hub where all of our most useful information is stored. Including information on how to combat mouth sores, nausea, loss of appetite and metallic tastes!
You can also sign-up for a FREE digital class that fits your schedule HERE.
Don't forget to drop a bookmark on CookingForChemo.org