Caprese Salad Recipe
- Cutting board
- Chef's knife
- Serving Tray
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella sliced
- 5 medium-sized Roma tomatoes sliced
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- red wine vinaigrette
- fresh whole basil leaves
- Since this is a fresh recipe, wash tomatoes and basil thoroughly. Slice tomatoes into sandwich slices about a 1/4 inch thickness. Lightly sprinkle salt over the tomatoes slices on both front and back.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Then marinate tomatoes in large mixing bowl in a generous coating of Wishbone red wine vinaigrette for at least 30 minutes. While tomatoes are marinating, slice fresh mozzarella into similarly sized servings. Set aside.
- Remove basil leaves from stem. Then on a large serving platter, assemble in this method: Tomatoes down first. Cheese down second. A sprinkle of fresh black pepper over the cheese. And basil leaf to finish. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Cooking for Chemo focuses on teaching you how to make your food taste good again during cancer and chemotherapy treatments. The flavor and cooking techniques contained within our easy to make recipes will help improve your quality of life as you go through cancer and chemotherapy treatments. Our cooking and flavor techniques can be integrated with any diet regimen. Talk with your dietitian to come up with a quality nutrition plan. This site is not to be taken as or used instead of professional medical advice. Please consult your doctor, oncologist, and dietitian before starting any new diet.
This recipe is taken from Cooking for Chemo …and After! By Chef Ryan Callahan -The Cancer Chef. For more cooking for chemotherapy recipes like this, you can pick up a copy on Amazon. Have specific questions? Email us at email@example.com