Sweet potato pie is my favorite holiday pie. Similar in flavor to the classic pumpkin pie, but much lighter in weight. This lightness translates to a much more enjoyable experience when eating the pie. But don’t blame me if you eat the whole thing in one sitting!
Homemade Sweet Potato Pie
- mixing bowl
- 1 whole frozen pie crust
- 1 lb sweet potatoes peeled and boiled
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Begin by peeling and boiling your sweet potatoes until fork tender. This takes about 45 minutes.
- Drain Sweet Potatoes and move to a large mixing bowl.
- Add Butter, Sugar, Whipping Cream, Eggs, Flour, Vanilla, and Spices.
- Mash together with a potato masher or whisk together with a whisk until the mixture is smooth and has a consistency of cake batter.
- Pour batter into the pie crust.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes or until pie is thoroughly baked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool at least one hour before serving.
If you haven't noticed, this website is full of helpful free information and articles! We are more than just a recipe website.
We recommend that you start with our page on Cooking Tips for Cancer Fighters. That's the hub where all of our most useful information is stored. Including information on how to combat mouth sores, nausea, loss of appetite and metallic tastes!
You can also sign-up for a FREE digital class that fits your schedule HERE.
Don't forget to drop a bookmark on CookingForChemo.org