A hearty, filling, and unbelievably delicious breakfast combination. This is a great dish to use any leftover Country Gravy (link) in. Seasoned hashbrowns dance with fluffy eggs, shredded cheddar cheese, and wear a blanket of country gravy to keep the whole dish warm and delicious.
Breakfast Bowl Recipe for Cancer and Chemotherapy
- large electric griddle
- medium saute pan
- 4 cups shredded hashbrowns
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup country gravy
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- seasoned or kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tbsp dried onion
- Heat a large electric griddle to 350 degrees.
- Or heat a large saute pan over medium heat.
- Apply oil to heated cooking surface, immediately add hash browns.
- Spread hashbrowns as thinly and evenly as possible across cooking surface.
- Season with dried onion, seasoned salt and black pepper.
- Allow hashbrowns to cook until the underside is brown, then flip and scramble the hashbrowns back into a even thin layer.
- Repeat this until hashbrowns are sufficiently cooked to your liking.
- Remove from heat and place into the bottom of the bowls you will be serving in.
- Next cook up your scrambled eggs, by cooking them over a medium heat and scrambling them as they cook.
- Place these on top of the hashbrowns, apply an even coat of shredded cheddar cheese over the eggs.
- Next top the bowls with the country gravy, and voila! A delicious filling meal.
If you haven't noticed, this website is full of helpful free information and articles! We are more than just a recipe website.
We recommend that you start with our page on Cooking Tips for Cancer Fighters. That's the hub where all of our most useful information is stored. Including information on how to combat mouth sores, nausea, loss of appetite and metallic tastes!
You can also sign-up for a FREE digital class that fits your schedule HERE.
Don't forget to drop a bookmark on CookingForChemo.org