Being from the Midwestern US bratwurst is a classic summer time grilling favorite! Here’s my signature way to prepare a delicious bratwurst.
Bratwurst Recipe for Cancer and Chemotherapy
- Spaghetti pot
- Baking Sheet
- tin foil
- 5 whole Bratwursts your favorite brand
- 1 quart Miller Highlife Beer
- 1 cup saurkraut well drained
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1/4 cup brown mustard
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 5 whole bratwurst buns
- 1/2 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Take a large spaghetti pot, and put it over a medium-high heat.
- Remove bratwursts from packaging, and routinely puncture the casing lightly with a knife, with a puncture every ½ inch or so.
- Place bratwursts in spaghetti pot, pour beer over the bratwurts.
- Add salt and red wine vinegar to the pot.
- Cover with a lid.
- Allow to simmer about 45 minutes or until beer has almost boiled out.
- While bratwursts are boiling, preheat your oven to 425 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with foil or baking paper.
- Remove bratwursts from spaghetti pot, place them onto baking sheet and bake them in the oven about 15 minutes or until the skins are brown and lightly crispy.
- While this is going on prepare your saurkraut mixture.
- In a mixing bowl combine sautkraut, horseradish, brown mustard and yellow mustard.
- Serve this over or under the bratwursts.
If you haven't noticed, this website is full of helpful free information and articles! We are more than just a recipe website.
We recommend that you start with our page on Cooking Tips for Cancer Fighters. That's the hub where all of our most useful information is stored. Including information on how to combat mouth sores, nausea, loss of appetite and metallic tastes!
You can also sign-up for a FREE digital class that fits your schedule HERE.
Don't forget to drop a bookmark on CookingForChemo.org