- Cutting board
- Chef's knife
- Large saute pan (high sided)
- Large mixing bowl
- cooking utensils
- 1 box instant couscous the most basic flavor you can get, prepared as directed on box, then chilled
- 3 green onions finely sliced
- olive oil as needed
- 1 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt coarse
- 1 tsp. black pepper ground
- 1/2 c. fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. fresh mint finely chopped
- 1/4 c. Italian flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- Take prepared and chilled couscous and place in large mixing bowl. Add green onions and parsley. Toss in lemon juice and remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly until couscous has absorbed all of the lemon juice. Add olive oil 1 tbsp. at a time for a touch of creaminess.
Cooking for Chemo focuses on teaching you how to make your food taste good again during cancer and chemotherapy treatments. The flavor and cooking techniques contained within our easy to make recipes will help improve your quality of life as you go through cancer and chemotherapy treatments. Our cooking and flavor techniques can be integrated with any diet regimen. Talk with your dietitian to come up with a quality nutrition plan. This site is not to be taken as or used instead of professional medical advice. Please consult your doctor, oncologist, and dietitian before starting any new diet.
This recipe is taken from Cooking for Chemo …and After! By Chef Ryan Callahan -The Cancer Chef. For more cooking for chemotherapy recipes like this, you can pick up a copy on Amazon . Have specific questions? Email us at email@example.com