Parmesan Mushroom Marsala Rigatoni Recipe
- Cutting board
- Chef's knife
- Spaghetti pot
- Saute Pan
- cooking utensils
- 1/2 lb. chicken breast grilled and thinly sliced
- 1 lb. Rigatoni noodles I use Barilla, cooked in salted water
- 2 c. chicken broth
- 8 oz Portabella mushrooms sliced
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 c. Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 c. whole milk
- 2-3 tbsp. cornstarch
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- red pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. Marsala wine sauce
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. rosemary
- 1/4 c. parsley and basil mix finely chopped
- In a large, high sided saute pan, saute garlic. When garlic begins to cook, immediately add mushrooms and onions. Cover and allow to work until onions are translucent and mushrooms have released all flavor.
- Add rosemary, allowing to work for 30 seconds. Add cooked chicken and Marsala wine, stirring frequently and allowing to reduce.
- Add chicken broth. Allow to reduce for about 15 minutes. Add milk and remaining seasonings except Parmesan and cornstarch. Allow to simmer 10 more minutes.
- Thicken with corn starch to desired consistency, reduce heat. Stir in Parmesan. Toss cooked noodles in sauce. Serve with fresh basil and parsley mixture on top.
Cooking for Chemo focuses on teaching you how to make your food taste good again during cancer and chemotherapy treatments. The flavor and cooking techniques contained within our easy to make recipes will help improve your quality of life as you go through cancer and chemotherapy treatments. Our cooking and flavor techniques can be integrated with any diet regimen. Talk with your dietitian to come up with a quality nutrition plan. This site is not to be taken as or used instead of professional medical advice. Please consult your doctor, oncologist, and dietitian before starting any new diet.
This recipe is taken from Cooking for Chemo …and After! By Chef Ryan Callahan -The Cancer Chef. For more cooking for chemotherapy recipes like this, you can pick up a copy on Amazon . Have specific questions? Email us at email@example.com