Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- Cutting board
- Chef's knife
- Saute Pan
- Spaghetti pot
- 8-16 oz beef for stew
- 1/4 c. whole milk
- 1 package of egg noodles cooked and lightly oiled, set to side
- 1 yellow onion medium diced
- 1 small pack Portabella mushrooms chopped
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 packages brown gravy prepared according to mix directions
- 2 tbsp. dark soy sauce mushroom flavored
- 1 tbsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tbsp. rosemary
- 2 tbsp. flat leaf Italian parsley chopped
- Take beef and tenderize with a meat mallet. Place tenderized beef into a mixing bowl, and mix in dark soy sauce until surface is thoroughly coated. Add vinegar and mix thoroughly. Allow to marinate 30 minutes on the counter.
- In a large sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat. Sweat onion and mushrooms in butter until onions are translucent. Add beef, rosemary, black pepper, sugar. Cook beef until thoroughly cooked through. When beef is thoroughly cooked, stir in brown gravy, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream, mixing well. Allow to simmer on low heat uncovered for 10 minutes. If sauce is too thick add milk to thin. Serve over egg noodles. Top with Italian parsley and enjoy.
Cooking for Chemo focuses on teaching you how to make your food taste good again during cancer and chemotherapy treatments. The flavor and cooking techniques contained within our easy to make recipes will help improve your quality of life as you go through cancer and chemotherapy treatments. Our cooking and flavor techniques can be integrated with any diet regimen. Talk with your dietitian to come up with a quality nutrition plan. This site is not to be taken as or used instead of professional medical advice. Please consult your doctor, oncologist, and dietitian before starting any new diet.
This recipe is taken from Cooking for Chemo …and After! By Chef Ryan Callahan -The Cancer Chef. For more cooking for chemotherapy recipes like this, you can pick up a copy on Amazon. Have specific questions? Email us at email@example.com